Subscribe for news and special subscriber-only offers and promotions
Publisher's or Manufacturer's Information and Features
|Lie-Nielsen No.60-1/2 Low Angle Adjustable Mouth Block Plane |
Lie-Nielsen No.60-1/2 Low Angle Adjustable Mouth Block Plane - $165.00
Plane comes with the blade is bedded at 12-1/2 degrees. You can easily adjust this tool to suit the work being done: a very fine mouth setting for finishing work and the merest shavings or an ample opening for rank cuts. These tools have an extremely appealing feel in the hand and are a real pleasure to use.
Special Free bar of Craftsman Studio Plane Sole Wax with purchase of any Lie-Nielsen Plane.
- Bodies are surface ground to produce a dead flat sole and feature a moveable shoe to allow precise control over the mouth opening in front of the blade
- Popular tool for the demanding work of thicknessing bamboo fly rod sections.
- Available with the optional Rod Maker's Groove. This groove is ground 1 in. wide and .003 in. deep into the sole of the plane making it the perfect companion tool to a rod maker's form.
- Bronze Cap Irons are large and comfortable and are tensioned with a 1-1/2 in. Brass Spinwheel
- They use same precise blade adjustment and bronze cap design as the No. 140 Skew Block Plane
- Body material: Ductile Iron
- Length overall: 6 in.
- Blade width: 1-3/8 in.
- Blade material: 1/8 in. thick A-2 tool steel hardened to Rockwell 60-62
- Illustrated instructions included with each plane
- Guarantee: Materials and workmanship are guaranteed for the life of your tool
- Additional Info (PDF Format): Use and Care Instructions
- Additional blade info: (PDF Format): Toothed Blades
If you want additional bars, you can add them to your cart below at the regular price of $3.95.
Rod Maker's Groove, LN Leather Holster